Sunday 12 April 2015

A Christ Centered Life



LATELY, I've been finding more and more incredible verses on the internet, that just make me stop, and think about how much I truly let God into my life. Am I sharing my whole heart with him? The answer is inevitable no, but I think there are ways that we can all work to bring God back to the center of everything.

Pray More
I'm not talking big prayers at the end of the day (which are obviously great!) but more just random little prayers. If you see a particularly gorgeous shaft of sunlight, or something happens that just makes you smile, SHARE IT! Tell God! Share all the silly little things! It all comes from God, so why not chat with him about how much you're loving it!

Quiet Times
Quiet times need to be more than a rigid part of our schedules. The time we set aside for studying God's word and preparing to face the day with him shouldn't be rushed through! Next quiet time you do, make sure you are valuing every second! Leave longer than usual, then have an extended prayer session. Read an extra chapter, take a note of your favourite verse from the passage you read. Be generous with the time you spend solely with God.

<3
Encouragements
If you find an awesome verse, or a sick quote, send it to a friend! It might be just the thing they need to make it through the day. God puts everything in our paths for a reason!

When I'm worried and cannot sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep. - Bing CrosbyMake God the last thing you think of in the day and the first person you remember in the mornings
When we go to sleep, we shouldn't lie in the dark dreaming of what things we are going to buy, or who we're going to talk to the next day. It's a perfect opportunity to spend some time thanking God for things that went well in the day, and saying sorry for the ways we let him down. When you wake in the morning, try to jump straight to praising God for another morning, and praying for the day! Our creator should be constantly on our minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment